Swami Vivekananda Welfare Centre, Kilinochchi – lean start-up
1st Phase - Inauguration with Simple Religious Function
· The people need a message of strength that would infuse faith in themselves.
· Swami Vivekananda found this message in Vedanta.
· It teaches that man’s real nature is divine; that it is the aim of man’s life on earth to unfold and manifest the hidden Godhead within him; and that truth is universal.
· Thus Swamiji saw that in order to uplift the masses it was necessary to spread both secular and spiritual education among them.
· And for this what was needed most was an organization, 'a machinery which will bring noblest ideas to the doorstep of even the poorest and the meanest.
Urgent Needs - Funds for Maintenance of the Centre.